CALL FOR TENDER
Position: WaSH supervisors
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
M.A.SANTE/BAHCARE [Meilleur Accès aux Soins de Santé (in French)/ Better Access to Health Care (in English)] is a Cameroon-based NGO created in 2006 with as objective, to contribute to improving access to health care in Cameroon through health research, training and implementation of health interventions. Activities of the NGO are organized from its headquarters based in Yaoundé and its decentralized sites based in Kousseri regional hospital (Far North, Cameroon), Congo 1 sub-divisional Hospital (Douala, Cameroon) and Mogodé Health District (Far North, Cameroon).
As part of the implementation of its activities, the Association is urgently looking for 05 WaSH supervisors.
The implementation site is Douala, Littoral Region .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of WASH preparatory activities for the project;
- Design training manuals and facilitate training of CHWs on WASH in communities and public places;
- Develop and maintain WASH activity calendar ensuring it is current and meets the changing needs for the project;
- Lead the delivery of WASH services in communities and public places depending on the context;
- Act as M.A. SANTE focal point for WASH issues in targeted health districtsand liaise with community and local health personnel;
- Coordinate and report WASH activities on daily and weekly basis to ensure delivery of WASH services to beneficiaries while ensuring that opportunities for improvement are identified and implemented;
- Undertake other duties as specified and directed.
- Minimum of a degree in an appropriate public health science field from a recognized University or College of Advanced Education. Having a Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities and experience (1 year minimum) in WASH activities planning, implementation, evaluation and dissemination
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in French and English languages;
- Demonstrated high level of organizational and team skills including ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Having professional experience in the Littoral region will be an added advantage;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, initiative ability;
- Knowledge of good clinical practice and good laboratory practice;
- Be organized and punctual, with communication skills;
- Be able to work under pressure, integrate and work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
Languages : Perfect mastery of French language and excellent knowledge on English
Composition of the file
- CV of no more than three(3) pages;
- motivation letter of one(1) page;
- copies of certificates;
- Proofs of professional experience.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted no later than February 28, 2020 at 4 pm at the headquarters of the Association: Yaoundé Biyem-Assi quarter, opposite Wisdom Academic Complex; or send to the following email address: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only successful applications will be contacted for the interview.