Reports to: Distribution Site supervisors (Fako)
Distribution Officer (Meme)
Duty station: Kumba, Buea
Duration: 2 months with possibilities of extension
Objective 1: Distribution of the products necessary for the project:
- Assess the needs and send food and non-food products to the beneficiaries;
- Ensure that delivery times are respected and that they are generally well organized;
- Ensure that each beneficiary receives the right amount of product;
- Ensure that liquidity is provided on time and in an organized manner;
- Ensure compliance with hygienic delivery conditions;
- Check the conformity of the delivery in quantitative and qualitative terms;
- Beneficiary control: crowd control;
- Preparation of the material necessary for the distribution of the product;
- Intervene in the event of a problem with the beneficiaries;
- Write an activity report which describes all the distribution processes;
- Issue recommendations to improve the results of the distribution processes;
- Propose new measures for future activities;
- Distribution of tokens to beneficiaries.
Objective 2: Management of beneficiaries:
- Explain the project to the beneficiaries and the population;
- Make the link between the Organization and the beneficiaries.
- Check that the list of beneficiaries complies with the vulnerability criteria decided before the implementation of the activity. Inform the Site Supervisor in case vulnerable people are not included on these lists.
- Collect data and carry out interviews;
- Inform the Site Supervisor in the event of litigation.
- CGE-A level or university degree
- Experience in a humanitarian context , preferably in an emergency context;
- Similar job experience
- Ability to work under pressure, in a tense secure environment;
- Good organizational skills and responsiveness;
- Good data collection capacities;
- Knowledge of the functioning of markets in rural and urban areas;
- Good communication and information skills.
- French and local languages are required
- Sense of teamwork,
- Sincere motivation for humanitarian engagement
- Sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Knowledge of pidgin English mandatory
- English: working language on the project
- Knowledge of local languages would be an asset
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged.
- Be from English-speaking regions
- Have lived in these areas for the past 2 years