|Nom de l’employeur : CICR|
JOB ADVERT: Field Officer EcoSec
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Field Officer Ecosec (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs or adjusts data-collection tools;
- Collects data using data-collection tools and devices;
- Enters data into and maintains the survey database and the EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT);
- Performs mid-level qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Describes results and produces data visualizations;
- Collects data using methods that are in line with the household economy approach;
- Collects and analyses market price data;
- Collects nutrition information at the household level; uses their basic understanding of malnutrition to identify vulnerabilities and nutritional shortcomings;
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options;
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building);
- Contributes to designing a good method for registering beneficiaries;
- Contributes to developing methods, plans, implementation, logistics and reporting for assistance distribution;
- Carries out on-site assistance distributions;
- Contributes to designing and implementing voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programmes;
- Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the ICRC;
- Contributes to internal reporting;
- Translates documents for internal use and interprets upon request;
- May contribute to providing supervision, guidance, support and appraisals for EcoSec staff at the other levels;
- Provides administrative support.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree (Bachelor, Master…) in a related field;
- 3–5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity;
- Fluency in oral and written English; Fluency in Pidgin;
- Good knowledge of oral and written French;
- Good computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent knowledge of the South-West and North-West and its socio-cultural and security contexts;
- Availability and flexibility for frequent field missions;
- Absence of external/personal commitments incompatible with a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization;
- Ability to efficiently communicate orally and in writing;
- Listening skills and empathy;
- Autonomy, organizational skills, rigour and honesty;
- Ability to analyse, synthesize, discretion and sense of confidentiality;
- Team spirit and ability to adapt and learn.
- Internally, interacts mainly with colleagues at the local level.
- Externally, maintains and develops a network of local/district-level contacts (members of the population, community leaders, authorities, NGOs, etc.) upon request from their direct supervisor.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Position based in BUEA
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by
Deadline: August 30, 2019 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (email@example.com) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Unsuccessful applications may be withdrawn from the ICRC until September 30, 2019.
After this date, they will be destroyed.
- Qualification Good computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree (Bachelor, Master…) in a related field;