The Deputy Health Program Manager is part of the Mentor Field Health Team. Under the supervision of the Health Program Manager, he / she participates in all the curative, preventive, training and supervision activities of health workers in the Mentor intervention areas in the Southwest Region of Cameroon.
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Implement activities in cooperation with the Health Program Manager (PM) and in compliance with the operational strategy, Health and Nutrition cluster technical requirements, proposals specifications and donor criteria
- Provide support and advice to the logistic department for the purchase of materials specific to activities
- Plan and oversee the implementation of activities that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications, through weekly and global planning.
- Support the logistics departments to develop weekly movement and delivery plan, according to objectives
- Ensure that management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools are properly used by program teams
- Respect the administrative, logistical and security procedures of the Mentor Initiative Project
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations.
- Ensure the achievement of results of the activities/program (s)he is responsible for.
- Anticipate the difficulties associated with conducting activities and help solve problems related to programs.
- Propose to the PM adjustments of activities or program according to the changing environment and indicators if necessary.
- In collaboration with the PM and the administrative department, contribute to the development of program budgets forecast and supervise budget follow up for the program parts.
- Develop the state of needs and the Treasury requests with the PM
- When relevant, report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
Human Resources Management:
- In collaboration with PM, welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility.
- Organize training sessions of key national staffs under his/her supervision, as needed.
- Continue the on-going capacity reinforcement of the project’s staffs, as needed.
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility.
- Make sure his/her team(s) follows the safety rules.
- Maintain daily awareness on the safety/security risks and propose adaptation of safety/security rules if needed.
Reporting / representation / communication:
- Report to the PM and Field Coordinator on any changes in the context of intervention
- Assist the PM to write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment, and ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines.
- Assist the PM to write weekly report to Coordination and HQ regarding his/her activities progress, challenges and difficulties met.
- Represent his/her program and activities, and support Field Coordinator for any coordination meeting during internal and external coordination meetings, at Buea level or in the field.
- Represent The Mentor Initiative Project during Health and Nutrition technical working groups, and Health Cluster meeting on request.
- Represent The Mentor Initiative Project on request and/or delegation.
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the PM and the Field Coordinator.
Needs assessment and project design:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics/ needs assessment if requested
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement if requested
- Organize and supervise the daily capitalization, as hard and soft archiving
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Health PM
Functional Manager: Program Coordinator
Paramount: candidates need to have thorough knowledge of context and its challenges and preferable originate from one of the two or both targeted operational zones (Mamfe and/or Kumba)
- Master’s in Public Health, Or Bachelor in medicine/Nursing/public health with 5 years of experience managing Public Health programs.
- Proven knowledge and experience in public health
- Knowledge of the project cycle, of Health and Nutrition activities monitoring tools
Technical competences/required skills:
Good analysis capacity, skills in training and team management, skills in budget management, Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, and Outlook, capacity to manage priorities, capacity to share knowledge and train colleagues, flexible, CMAM protocol, ICCM & CMNCH protocols and IYCF policy.
|Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, studies and work certificates, references)
- Qualification Develop the state of needs and the Treasury requests with the PM
- Années d'expérience 5 - 10 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Non défini
- Niveau d'étude Master's