|Nom de l’employeur : GIZ|
OFFRE D’EMPLOI: FINANCE JUNIOR OFFICER – YAOUNDÉ – GIZ CAMEROUN
“Employment promotion in the informal sector” is the new regional project that contributes to improving the employment and income situation in Africa. Start-up entrepreneurs and micro-entrepreneurs are supported by improved access to finance through the topping-up of migrants’ transfers of funds and capacity-building of entrepreneurial skills. Through the digital “WiDu” platform, the project applications are submitted jointly by members of the African Diaspora in Germany and business start-ups and micro-entrepreneurs in Africa. In addition, the digital platform provides the framework for coaching and mentoring services in the pilot countries as well as for the networking of funded start-up entrepreneurs and micro-entrepreneurs.
Given the innovative P2P approach of the project, it will be piloted in Ghana and Cameroon in a 9-month orientation phase (“individual development co-operation”). If the pilot phase is successful, a later increase and extension of the project to other African countries is planned.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for carrying out all the payments and transfers required by the project. They will liase with country office and ensure the rigourous application of GIZ rules and regulations.
Further Development of Instruments and Event Management
- Participate in the final development of a new digital contract format and administrative procedure
- Operationalize new financial and administrative procedure based on “backoffice/moderation” procedures of the new WiDu software platform
- Support with the organization of field missions, events and capacity-building activities, including trainings for partners and advisors on new digital contract and accounting procedures.
- Do the accounting of invoices for GIZ office and the project
- Manage and monitor a substantial number of small scale mobile money and bank account transfers to small enterprises and start-up entrepreneurs receiving grants
- In cooperation with the accountants at the GIZ Country Office (who carry out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software), balance both books periodically, prepare the project for both regular and unannounced cash counts and prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Send monthly cashbook and bankbook print outs with the accompanying vouchers, cash count report and bank reconciliation statements to the responsible accounts officer at the GIZ Country Office
- Follow up on and provide status reports on all receivables
- Calculate travel advances, ensure proper checking of invoices for material and arithmetic accuracy.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Keep up to date with current Procedures and Rules of GIZ and give regular updates on changes and news relevant to the project
- Ensure preparation for internal controls and external audits
- Training of partners and advisors on accounting and procurement procedures
- Support in suitability checks of prospective partners
- Carry out accountability checks of partner organisations and entrepreneurs receiving grants as well as organisation of external audits provide guidance for improvement measures
- Carry out verification of identity of entrepreneurs, investment reports and electronic checking of sanction lists
- Train partner organisations to correctly manage their financial support
- Provide direct advice and coaching on aspects of financial management to finance officers in the partner organisations
- Assist in and/or carry out other office activities and other tasks, as assigned
Required qualifications and experience
- Minimum requirement BSc/BA in accounting, business administration, finance or similar area
- At least 4-5 years of work experience with a focus on accounting / administration
- Experience in IT-based accounting programs
- Experience with CoSoft and Winpacs accounting software
Required knowledge and competences
- Good communication and excellent organizational skills
- Very good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems, and computer applications
- Good working knowledge of IT platform technologies and openness to work with new platforms
- Excellent command of French and English, ideally a knowledge of German
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative
- Disciplined and punctual; willingness to keep deadlines
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the tasks.
Expected starting date: 01.11.2019
Assignment Period: November 2019 to April 2020 (with option for an extension until 2022)
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Closing date: 15.10.2019
Internal Classification: Professional 3A, Reports to Head of Programme (AV)
Application submission: Interested and suitable applicants should forward their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (maxi 2 leaves), a one-page cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation and three (3) professional references via the GIZ-CM online recruitment platform
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Important note: Recruitment at GIZ is not subject to any fees nor mediation. Any fraudulent information detected will result in the elimination of the application of the current and future recruitment process. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful files will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.
- Qualification Experience with CoSoft and Winpacs accounting software
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude At least 4-5 years of work experience with a focus on accounting / administration