|Nom de l’employeur : PNUD Cameroun|
JOB ADVERT: Admin and Finance Assistant
Title: Admin and Finance Assistant – UNWOMEN (open exclusively for Cameroonians)
Job ID: 29078
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – ACCOUNTANCY AND FINANCE
Vacancy End Date: 08/03/2020 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: F-2-Year College Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: until 31 December 2020
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Cameroon, UN Women is implementing its Strategic program for the period 2018-2020 to contribute to the Government’s efforts to make Cameroon “an emerging country based on the principle of good governance where men and women enjoy the same rights and participate equitably to its development “. The Strategic Note 2018-2020 identified five (5) key priority areas.
- Governance, leadership and Political Participation
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Ending all forms of violence against women and girls
- Women peace and security and humanitarian action
- Border issues with a program on Second Chance Education
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Associate with overall guidance from the Gender & SDGs Expert , the incumbent will provide essential administrative and financial support related to the UN Women CO projects in collaboration with the project staff and other CO members, ensuring high quality and consistent service delivery to facilitate smooth implementation of the projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Accounting and financial management
- Administrative support
- Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Accounting and financial management
- Management of project budget and accounting, including creation and management of different charts of accounts, budget entry, revisions and rephasal exercises
- Close monitoring of the expenditures of the project funds
- Financial transactions from requisitions to payment
- Support Implementing Partners with financial reports including FACE forms, and other admin/finance related queries
- Verify accuracy and relevance of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Support in budgeting for project activities and proposal writing
2. Administrative support
- Support full compliance of project administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, security clearance, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Administrative support to conferences and workshops
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for evaluation and audit
3. Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Collect asset reports from partners for managing assets purchased by partners for projects
- Support in vehicle management for projects, including monitoring log book and fuel consumption etc.
- Support in maintenance of premises and common services
4. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provision of necessary administrative/financial support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the project team
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration and finance, and office-wide meetings
- Sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Perform other relevant tasks, requested by the direct supervisor or office management.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and financial transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to prioritize work and to multi-task;
- Good knowledge of administrative and financial rules and regulations;
- Focused on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to handle web-based management systems;
- Attention to details;
- Excellent knowledge of office software packages.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- At least five years of solid experience in Accounts and Financial management. Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
- Experience of working with international donor agency is an asset.
- Understanding of budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping, particularly under NEX procedures.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset;
- Working experience in the field is added advantage.
- Knowledge of Atlas is highly desirable.
Language Requirements: Fluency in French and English
- Qualification At least five years of solid experience in Accounts and Financial management. Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential.
- Années d'expérience 5 - 10 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.