|Nom de l’employeur : IUCN|
JOB ADVERT: Administration and Finance Officer
Vacancy #: 5283
Unit: Cameroon Country Head (CM)
Organization: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Location: Cameroon Country Programme Office, Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reporting to: Chef de Programme Cameroun
Work percentage: 100%
Expected start date: 01 March 2020
Type of contract: Fixed-term (12 months with possibility of renewal)
Closing date: 23 February 2020
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in providing directions and guidance in improving systems and procedures that will support program delivery in accordance with sound financial controls, standards, policies, laws and regulations.
- Assist with the budgeting process (elaboration, submission, review/ adjustment and implementation).
- Analyze and review monthly income and expenditure statements of the projects and Cost Centers.
- Prepare and consolidate Annual Financial Statements for Cameroon and Forest Programmes.
- Maintain the Project Portal and the Time Management System and any other tool adopted by IUCN.
- Supervise and provide support to finance staff of the Cameroon Country Program, the Forest Program, project offices and hosted Programs;
- Liaise with the Regional Office in clearing items in the current account.
- Organise internal and external audits and ensure that agreed recommendations are followed up;
- Ensure that required financial information and reporting requirements to the Regional Office, HQ and Donors are complied with and submitted in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Internal Control Environment
- Taking into consideration external and internal audit recommendations, maintain an adequate internal control mechanism by reviewing and improving existing financial controls to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, safeguarding of assets, and adherence to IUCN policies and compliance with local laws.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure that the accounting system is kept up to date and provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both internal and external users, in compliance with IUCN accounting policies and legal and statutory requirements;
- Maintain adequate accounting files in line with IUCN requirements and to facilitate the work of auditors.
- Complete monthly close-off within a due time each month and ensure that the monthly NAV checklist is up to date;
- Analyze and review monthly project financial reports with the project managers and the Regional Office;
- Reconcile Inter-Company accounts;
- Complete quarterly, midyear and year-end accounts in accordance with instructions issued from HQ;
- Ensure the monthly booking and cross charging of management fees and staff time.
- Prepare donor financial reports, invoices and related correspondence. Follow up of overdue invoices.
- Ensure that project audits are conducted as per project agreement and that audit reports are sent to the donors according to schedule.
- Monitor the liquidity situation of the Office and manage the cash and bank accounts in an effective manner, making sure same task is done in the entities under the direct supervision of the Office.
- Ensure that cash receipts and disbursement are properly supported with relevant evidential documentation and that all cash and bank balances are correctly reconciled on a monthly basis and in a timely manner with the records maintained.
- Request via the Regional Office, funds from HQ or from donors on a timely basis.
Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
(i) Budget Management
- In conjunction with the Region Head of Finance and Administration and following the instructions sent from HQ, manage the overall financial planning system for Cameroon Programme and Forest Programme entities, including budget and ABC project list forecast and all the Cost Centers.
- In collaboration with Programme Coordinators, ensure the update of the regional pipeline of projects (ABC list). Revise annual forecast at the minimum as per instructions from HQ.
(ii) Project Contract negotiation
- Ensure that the project budgets are in accordance with IUCN financial policies and are prepared in a format consistent with IUCN accounting requirements;
- Provide cost data to prepare and update project budgets
- Prepare annual calculation and updating of staff time rates in conjunction with the HR unit.
- Provide overall supervision in the management of the Administration and General Services Unit.
- Oversee Office Maintenance and manage the purchasing function of the Country Office.
- Provide appropriate support to the HR officer for staff and consultant contracts; and the treatment and payment of salaries and consultancy fees;
- Ensure the quality of security in the workspace, and monitor water and electricity consumption of the office.
- Keep all staff informed about administrative procedures and ensure their effective implementation.
- Provide leadership and guidance in all matters pertaining to finance (including taxation and other issues having financial implications) and give advice and support to all those needing it.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, administration or related field
- Minimum of pertinent five years of previous work experience in the domain preferably with an international organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound mastery of English and French
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Excellent Knowledge in accounting and ERP softwares especially NAV
- Ability to supervise and lead staff, including training and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic setting
- Understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- High degree of initiative and self motivation and ability to work under pressure
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
- Qualification Minimum of pertinent five years of previous work experience in the domain preferably with an international organization
- Années d'expérience 5 - 10 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, administration or related field