|Nom de l’employeur : ORGANISATION MONDIALE DE LA SANTE|
JOB ADVERT: Data Manager – (1905162)
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 9 Months
Closing Date: Nov 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Cameroon
Organization: AF_CMR Cameroon
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Since 2016, the regions of North-West and South-West of Cameroon have experienced a social instability studded with violence with a negative impact on the socio-economic fabric. The socio-political crisis has gradually turned into insecurity and armed violence since November 2017. This has led to a major humanitarian crisis marked by many internally displaced population who lack everything. The many evaluations carried out have revealed that among the most urgent needs of this vulnerable population is primary health care, including the management of health emergencies. A humanitarian emergency response plan for this year was developed and disseminated by the United Nations, which resulted in the mobilization of part of the funding through CERF. Thus, as part of the implementation of emergency interventions in the North-West and South-West Regions under CERF funding, WHO will provide a health emergency response for internally displaced populations in these two regions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Health Cluster Coordinator, the Data Manager of the WHO interventions in the SW and NW crisis will work as part of the established by WHO and should implement the following activities :
- Manage information on projects implemented by WHO implementing partners and of Health cluster, including :
- Contact lists ;
- 4W mapping ;
- Monitoring the performance of funded projects implemented by WHO ;
- Follow up of the data of the health indicators ;
- Analyze and Share Health situation data ;
- Analyze and share data on health interventions.
- Perform basic spatial analysis operations for use in maps and other reports (such as dashboards, SitReps, etc.) ;
- Maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to capture, edit and process datasets ;
- Analyze epidemiological surveillance data received from health districts in the NW & SW regions to assist in the publication of newsletters ;
- Provide the WHO office with reliable information (in quantity and quality) and support the partners, if necessary, with the establishment of an appropriate information system to ensure the reliability of data on the situation sanitation of IDPPs ;
- Participate in the development of questionnaires and other activity evaluation tools set up under this program ;
- Participate in the preparation of the activity reports of the emergency team ;
- Maintain epidemic monitoring, AFP validation and positive yellow fever case files ;
- Support health cluster coordination at regional level ;
- Contribute to the writing of all relevant documents, including project proposals, calls, reports, dashboards, etc. ;
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the hierarchy.
- Essential: University degree in information management, computer science or statistics.
- Desirable: Studies or collection of information on knowledge based on experience, analysis and presentation.
- Essential: At least 01 year of relevant experience in information management.
- Desirable: Experience on information management for health in emergency setting will be an asset
Use of language skills: Have a command of French or English and a working knowledge of the other language
Others Qualification needed :
- Excellent knowledge of WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT ;
- Excellent knowledge of online data collection applications, statistical analysis software (Stata, SPSS, etc.) ;
- Excellent knowledge of GIS mapping software (or similar).
- Qualification Use of language skills: Have a command of French or English and a working knowledge of the other language
- Années d'expérience 1 - 2 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant
- Niveau d'étude Essential: University degree in information management, computer science or statistics.