|Nom de l’employeur : ORGANISATION MONDIALE DE LA SANTE|
JOB ADVERT: Emergency Field Coordinator – (1905144)
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 9 Months
Closing Date: Nov 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Cameroon
Organization: AF_CMR Cameroon
Since 2016, the regions of North-West and South-West of Cameroon have experienced a social instability studded with violence with a negative impact on the socio-economic fabric. The socio-political crisis has gradually turned into insecurity and armed violence since November 2017. This has led to a major humanitarian crisis marked by many internally displaced population who lack everything. The many evaluations carried out have revealed that among the most urgent needs of this vulnerable population is primary health care, including the management of health emergencies. A humanitarian emergency response plan for this year was developed and disseminated by the United Nations, which resulted in the mobilization of part of the funding through CERF. Thus, as part of the implementation of emergency interventions in the North-West and South-West Regions under CERF funding, WHO will provide a health emergency response for internally displaced populations in these two regions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the WHO Representative in Cameroon and the direct supervision of the WHO Emergency Medical Officer, the incumbent of the post of Physician in charge of emergency projects in the North-West and South-East Regions. West will work within the framework of the emergency activities set up by WHO and will have to implement the following activities :
- Develop an action plan with the Health Cluster coordinator, taking into account the activities selected in the CERF project and for which WHO is committed
- Ensure the implementation of the validated action plan ;
- Ensure monitoring and supervision of assistance activities to the internal displaced population ;
- Ensure compliance with national protocols and guidelines by the various humanitarian actors involved in the health sector ;
- Establish regular contact with WHO implementing partners ;
- Contribute to the implementation of activities to strengthen epidemiological surveillance ;
- Monitor disease trends and detect outbreaks ;
- Support the Regional Health Delegation to investigate any rumors or epidemic outbreaks ;
- Identify gaps and propose innovative and relevant activities that can improve WHO’s response in the field ;
- Represent WHO at various coordination meetings of humanitarian actors in the area of competence and technically support health districts in their organization
- Maintain close collaboration with district and health area officials in his area of responsibility ;
- Produce a weekly sitrep to report these activities to the Emergency Coordinator and the WHO Yaoundé Office ;
- Produce an end-of-mission report and defend it at the WHO Office Collect, compile and analyze weekly and monthly epidemiological surveillance data received from health districts in general and affected health districts in particular to assist in the publication of newsletters and feedback ;
- Participate in inter-agency activities in his area of responsibility and report to the Emergency Coordinator ;
- Monitor the use of WHO vehicles and referral of patients operating in their area of competence ;
- Contribute to the development of resource mobilization projects to strengthen WHO interventions in the field ;
- Demonstrate diplomacy, tact and ability to work in a multi-partner and multicultural environment ;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the WHO Emergency Coordinator or the hierarchy.
- Essential: Diploma of Medicine and postgraduate training in Public Health or Epidemiology.
- Desirable: An experience of Humanitarian or specialization in the public health emergency management is an asset
- Essential: Have a practical experience of two (02) years in the planning, implementation and monitoring-evaluation of public health projects
- Desirable: Have experience in managing epidemics and other public health emergencies
Use of language skills: Have a command of English and a working knowledge of French
- Have a good command of the computer tool : word processor, (Word, Power Point); Spreadsheet: (Excel), statistical analysis (Epi Info, SPSS, Stata), Internet.
- Qualification Have a good command of the computer tool : word processor, (Word, Power Point); Spreadsheet: (Excel), statistical analysis (Epi Info, SPSS, Stata), Internet.
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant
- Niveau d'étude Essential: Diploma of Medicine and postgraduate training in Public Health or Epidemiology.