DESCRIPTION DE L’OFFRE
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A JUNIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR PUBLIC FINANCES AND TAXATION FOR THE SUPPORT PROGRAMME FOR THE MODERNIZATION OF PUBLIC FINANCES OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ) GmbH BASED IN YAOUNDE .
The “Support Programme for Modernization of Public Finances” (PAMFIP) is a technical cooperation programme to support the Cameroonian Ministry of Finances and other partners in the reform and modernization of public finances. The programme is one of the three programmes of the GIZ-Good Governance Cluster in Cameroon.
The programme is implemented under the stewardship of the Ministry of Finance (MINFI) and executed by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The programme objective is to strengthen the public financial management system in Cameroon. PAMFIP is implemented through three action fields (1) strengthening the budgetary process; (2) improving the capacity of the tax administration in the field of tax audits; (3) strengthening the cooperation between different levels of government with regards to local finance reform.
The programme office is based in Yaoundé. In order to support the implementation of activities in the action fields (2) and (3), it was agreed to recruit a Junior Technical Adviser in PAMFIP.
Area of responsibility
The Technical Advisor will:
- Support the planning and execution of activities under outputs 2 and 3 in close cooperation with the technical advisors and the project team;
- Contribute to the support provided to partners including the tax administration, the Ministry of Decentralisation and Local Development and other key stakeholders such as local authorities in terms of tax audit procedures and local finance reform processes;
- Represent PAMFIP in relevant meetings and workshops;
- Contribute to the development of resource products developed in cooperation with and provided to partners and ensuring quality control (proofreading);
- Participate in the design, preparation and execution of consultancy missions, workshops, seminars and other events;
- Draft ToRs and support in the management of service provider / consultancy procurement and contracts;
- Support gender mainstreaming in the activities of the programme;
- Document and share lessons learned from PAMFIP-GIZ in the modernization of tax administration and local finance reform and contribute to knowledge management;
- Contribute to project management tasks such as minute taking, uploading documents and contributing to the management of the monitoring and evaluation framework of the project.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree / Post Graduate diploma in Public Accounting Public Taxation, Public Administration,Financial Governance Economics, or other related fields;
- Two years of professional work experience;
- Demonstrated keen interest in Public Financial Management, taxation or decentralisation through relevant studies, research, internship, or work experience;
- High willingness and ability to learn and capacity to work under pressure;
- Very good working knowledge of information and communication technologies (corresponding software, e-mail, Internet) as well as computer applications (such as MS Office); knowledge of ICT for development desirable;
- Excellent command of (oral and written) French and good command of (oral and written) English;
- Excellent work organization and self-management skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Expected starting date: 01 st of February 2021
Contract period: 24 months renewable
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Internal classification of the position: Band 3T / under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor
Deadline for the submission of applications: 31 st of December 2020
Composition of the application:
- Cover letter, CV (Only complete applications will be considered.)
- All applications will only be received via the e-recruiting platform of our career site