The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking an Associate Director of Operations & Administration to support the attainment of the Foundation’s overall goals by providing operational and administrative support to the Cameroon EGPAF program. Reporting to the Country Director, this position oversees the operations department which is comprised of finance, contracts and grants, IT, human resources, finance and accounting, and administration functions. The position requires strong French and English writing and speaking skills.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and ensure compliance with the Foundation and donor specific policies, rules and regulations
- Help establish and build collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders e.g. in-country operations team, the HQ office, other EGPAF country offices and in-country partners’ related departments
- Oversee the budget development process ensuring effective and efficient allocation of program resources
- Coordinate the preparation of financial and administrative reports, analyze and interpret financial data, and participate in strategic planning efforts
- Participate in the country office senior management/leadership team meetings
- With the senior management, implement and manage a team building program for country staff, including formal training, personal and profession peer support, mentoring and professional development.
- Coordinate grantee proposal review process and ensure compliance with solicitations and donor regulations.
- Coordinate pre-award evaluations and assessments of potential grantees as needed.
- Analyze, verify and review grantees proposal budgets to ensure donor compliance and reasonableness.
- Coordinate grantee risk assessment and implement appropriate systems and agreements to minimize risk.
- Ensure timely and appropriate close-out of sub-grants and coordination of close out activities.
- Manage and provide oversight on all country office new business proposals, contracts and grants.
- Protects the interests of the Foundation by ensuring full compliance with statutory requirements in all applicable areas, including health and safety laws, labor and immigration laws, tax laws and other country and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures appropriate registration and certification of the Foundation as required under the NGO act / company act and all other applicable statutory bodies e.g. social security
- Monitors all new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and court rulings that could have an impact on the Foundation’s operations, advises SMT accordingly, and proactively implements any necessary changes.
- Directs the preparation and submission of legal / statutory / taxation returns and other information required in compliance with legal requirements, including requirements under local tax laws.
- Serves as the primary contact with the Foundation’s legal advisors (attorney, labor lawyer, tax advisor etc.), and ensures the Foundation has ready access to, and established partnerships with, competent legal counsel always.
- Proactively notifies the SMT and relevant DC office department of legal risks or challenges such as law suits, engages legal advice where necessary, and works collaboratively to resolve such issues in the best interests of the Foundation. Where legal responsibilities are delegated to other staff, closely manages delegated tasks and ensures these are clearly defined and included in work-plans and job descriptions
- A Master’s degree in business Management, Operations or any other relevant field is highly desired.
- Eight years’ experience in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated financial management experience including preparing, managing and monitoring budgets, banking contracts and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise financial and administrative oversight of sub-grant programs.
- Proven leadership capabilities and solid experience managing, mentoring and developing staff.
- Experience in developing and managing the implementation of procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of donor regulations including CDC/PEPFAR USAID, Global Fund and other major international donors.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting e.g. CPA, or ACCA is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of project management principles and tools will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of both French and English is essential for this position
- Understanding of and experience in HIV/AIDS management is an added advantage
- Good understanding of and experience in the international development sector.
- Solid grant management and budget oversight skills and experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Ministry of Health and other stakeholders.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Director:
- Collaboration – Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Creativity/Innovation – Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting edge programs/processes.
- Influencing/Negotation – Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Qualification Proven leadership capabilities and solid experience managing, mentoring and developing staff.
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude BAC+4/5