UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Deputy Representative Programme, the Programme Associate, GS-6 supports the coordination through providing a range of procedural, administrative and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country Programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Expected Results
- Support to Programme development, planning and execution
- Support to monitoring and reporting of Programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
1. Support to Programme development, planning and execution
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring Programme results, activities and Programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective Programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of Programme results
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of Programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring Programme grants.
4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, Programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required
- Candidate should be innovative, dynamic and creative
- Prior experience in Programme support functions is an asset
- Bilingual in both French and English
- Relevant work experience in any UN agency or organization is an advantage.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Well talented female candidates are vividly encouraged to apply for this exciting opportunity to promote the rights of children!
Opening Date Thu Jan 23 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0100 (heure normale d’Afrique de l’Ouest) W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Feb 05 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (heure normale d’Afrique de l’Ouest)