|Nom de l’employeur : Plan Cameroon
INTERNSHIP ADVERT: Professional Intern / Grants Department
Location: Yaounde, CE, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
- Report to the Grants Support Manager
- Support the monitoring process of resource mobilization initiatives
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Keeps track of and reminds GSM of grants department activity plans
- Tracks and reports on the progress of concept notes/proposals to be developed or in the pipeline
- Proofreads concept notes/proposals and grant reports for grammatical and formatting errors
- Supports the grants department with secretariat duties
- Provide support in the process for Identifying & exploring new fundraising opportunities; review and summarize funding requirements from various donors; recommend response to fundraising opportunities;
- Update all grant files at CO and liaise with project coordinators for the update of grant files at PUs
Dealing with Problems:
- Ability to solve problems and thinking strategically
- Introducing innovations for programs design and resource mobilisation
- Providing advice
- A source of expertise.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- High contact with grants department
- Minimal contact with other departments at CO
- Program Units
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in sociology or social sciences/Economic or equivalent.
- An advanced university degree (Masters) is an advantage
- Background training, skills, and knowledge in general grants and community development processes is also an advantage.
- Work experience in this or related disciplines will be an advantage
- Experience on grants compliance requirements for a donor
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically
- Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision-making
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong Team-building and motivational skills
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good reporting skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong written and spoken English and French
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
- Typically office environment with participation in meetings in Yaounde
Level of Contact with Children: The position will be based at the Country Office and level of contact with children is very low
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaounde – Cameroon
Closing date: 04 August 2019
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
- Qualification Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision-making
- Années d'expérience Non défini
- Niveau d'expérience Non défini
- Niveau d'étude A university degree in sociology or social sciences/Economic or equivalent.