sing date: 08/21/2020
City : Ngaoundéré
The Driver will be based in Ngaoundéré, Cameroon, and report to the Regional Coordinator – Adamawa, and the PPS Supervisor of IITA Cameroon.
- Transporting of staff or collaborative partners, respecting safe driving rules.
- Delivery or pickup of materials.
- Pick up visiting guests at the airport.
- Delivers letters and parcels, as assigned by supervisor,
- Daily maintenance and inspection of vehicle for levels of fuel, oil and water, documenting maintenance every morning.
- Washes and thoroughly cleans vehicles externally and internally every morning and upon return from field, immediately after field trips.
- Weekly fumigation of vehicles for insects.
- Loads and unloads vehicle when transporting goods or equipment.
- Secures and maintains all vehicle equipment checklist and notifies supervisor immediately of any missing materials.
- Maintains vehicle log books (including purpose of each trip, km start/finish, fuel purchased, mechanical problems, and passenger’s names).
- Reports all break downs or any abnormality in vehicles in the vehicles log book.
- Follow up vehicle spare part purchase and repairs in designated garage
- Ensures vehicle is locked and safely parked when outside project office, either in town or on field trips.
- Secures keys to the vehicle and ensures no unauthorized persons have access to or drive the vehicle.
- Ensures that no one sleeps in the vehicle except in locations where no alternative accommodation is available.
- Drivers will not carry paying passengers. Paying passengers are not covered by insurance and this is a risk for carjacking, particularly on return trips when dropping visitors at the airport.
- Weekly check with site supervisor to receive assignments for the coming week.
- Must be flexible to work with the schedule of staff or visitors traveling at off hours.
- Comply with all SOPs and internal regulations/ policies implemented in the IITA-Cameroon and CIP Cameroon office.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the Manager and Project Lead Team.
- The candidate should have a minimum of a diploma.
- At least three 2 years’ experience in similar positions with a safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic mechanic knowledge.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Work experience in Rural development project or international NGO is a plus.
- Proven experience working in rural area in Adamawa Region of Cameroon.
- Good mastery of rural uncharted roads while working in agricultural or development projects in Adamaoua Region of Cameroon.
- Good skills in driving on highways and unpaved road in rural areas.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel – an added advantage.
- Proven abilities to communicate in French, Fulfude and other local languages of the project area.
- Good communication skills in English is a plus.
How to apply?
Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter through the following link Driver