Nom de l’employeur : DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
For our activities we are looking for WATCHMEN
Location: Kumba with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed Term
According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 1
Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission’s personnel and premises.The main responsibilities are:
- Surveying the MSF premise’s access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people access.
- Watching MSF premises and property’s perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Organizing traffic of vehicles within the premises and directs them in and out.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.) and performs general maintenance activities of the garden (ex. cut grass, maintain flower beds, prune trees if necessary, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen’s torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels and providing spare can(s) of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Education: None is required, desirable literacy
- Experience: None is required
- Languages: Pidgin and English essencial
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.)
- Années d'expérience sans expérience
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant