|Nom de l’employeur : Plan Cameroon
JOB ADVERT: WASH Field Agent
Location: Bamenda, NW, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Moreover, we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan International aims to reach as many children as possible, especially those who are excluded or marginalized with high-quality programs that offer sustainable benefits by increasing their income and working in partnership with other key stakeholders. Plan International is committed to providing support to children in emergency situations in the program countries.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon, Plan International is committed to providing vital humanitarian assistance especially in the domain of health, water and sanitation to children and their families. The WASH project is to enable the Internally Displaced as well as host communities have acess to safe water, essential needs and basic WASH services.
The Field Agent is responsible for ensuring community mobilisation and sensitization on hygiene and sanitation education.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- The Field Agent reports to the Project coordinator of WASH project
- Manages all projectrelated issues in his/her area.
- Represent Plan International’s in the area as concerns the project
- Mobilize target communities to inform and sensitize them on the project’s activities;
- Participate in the establishment of beneficiary list for the project in his/her assigned zone of intervention;
- Ensure that the selection of beneficiaries is made in a transparent manner and according to the strict adherence to the selection criteria defined by the project;
- Planning and coordinating jointly with the government technical Services, all the activities of « WASH », including the selection of construction sites, evaluation of work in his/her area of assignment;
- Establish and monitor the performance of the work in its duty zone;
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Mobilize and sensitize target communities to project activities;
- Contribute to the identification and selection of beneficiaries for WASH kits;
- Faclitate the identification of constuction sites for water together with beneficiary communities in his/her area of intervention;
- Ensure WASH and Health items are distributed to the target groups;
- Facilitate and follow up management commitees in the assigned communities
Information and Co-ordination
- Organize monthly coordination meetings with project stakeholders in its area;
- Participate in the monthly project Coordination meetings with the entire implementation team;
- Maintain close cooperation with other partners in the area;
- Produce and transmit weekly and monthly reports of activities to the project coordinator;
- Collect the best practices and lessons learned during the implementation of the project in its assignment area;
- Ensure visibility of the project in its area of intervention;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the project coordinator.
Human Resources and Administration
- Participate in all planned trainings of post and/or related trainings
- Shall work cloely with the government technical srvices, WASH officer
Dealing with Problems:
- Interpersonal problem
- Conflict between community members and partner/Plan’s associates
- Excellent and creative leadership skills will be utilized to properly implement the activities, in accordance with the standards, principles and with possible resistance from colleagues as is often the case in emergency response work
- Proactivity is highly needed for the job
- She/he shall work under pressure
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Keeps and maintain high contact with children, their families and communities
- Maintains a high contact with partners at the divisional and community levels
- Maintains high contact with local partners.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- GCE O/Level or its equivalent.
- Knoweledge on Plan International is an added advantage.
- With at least 2 years of experience in Social Work or community development.
- Be able to speak English. Ability to speak the local language of the assigned zone will also be an added advantage.
- Proven skills in community mobilization and facilitation
- Familiarity with behavior change communication and current WASH interventions and participatory methodologies.
- Has experience in working with children (boys and girls)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resident in the assigned communities
- Timely and effective delivery of project activities and other outputs (reports, etc.)
- Commitment to child protection, gender equality and participation
- Skills in participatory assessment, water hygiene and sanitation related activities
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
- Ability to network with grassroots structures.
- Commitment and adherence to humanitarian values and standards,
- Not been involved in any child protection issues
- Demonstrates neutrality in the current socio-political crisis.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks, diversed cultural contexts and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
- Empathy on issue affecting children rights and equality for girls
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Team work
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Work in hot and cold climate
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN: High level: Frequent interaction with children
To apply for this job, Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Closing date: September 3rd, 2019
- Qualification Be able to speak English. Ability to speak the local language of the assigned zone will also be an added advantage.
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant