Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MEDICAL DATA PROCESSING OFFICER
Working locations: Bamenda– North West
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Carrying out medical data collection and entry activities into the project database recording all relevant clinical and demographic data on patients and ensuring data quality/reliability, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality while producing the appropriate, updated documents for the medical team in order to support decision making processes.
- Performing data entry of all epidemiological information into select databases program and creating appropriate reports, providing data for project development purposes.
- Ensuring that all data entered has been authorized and that appropriate documentation has been received (patient records, treatment monitoring, etc.). Ensuring that all data entry processes occur in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring all data collected and entered to databases is consistently accurate and complete. Being responsible for ensuring that quality control queries of the database are followed up, ensuring identification of data entry errors and corrections. Immediately reporting to the supervisor, any anomalies in the database
- Filing documents according to MSF standards
- Communicating regularly with the HCW’s, assisting in the (re)training when necessary, on proper registration of patients, proper filling of the various forms, clarifying queries, obtaining missing information and correcting errors, ensuring they have ongoing sufficient supplies of necessary hardcopy data collection forms
- Assisting in the compilation and preparation of regular reports and providing detailed information to medical and laboratory teams (weekly, monthly, according to patient treatment requirements).
Education: Essential, higher education with proven computer literacy, degree in Information and Technology (IT) or mathematics field, desirable.
Experience: Minimum 2 years work experience in data entry/analysis.
Essential English language; Pidgin English language would be an asset.
Competencies: Commitment to Doctors Without Borders Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork, Service Orientation.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent mentioning on the subject: MDPO or else be submitted at the Bamenda Office (Opposite Sacred Heart College, Alakuma-Mankon, Bamenda II Sub-division, Mezam Division)
in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment MDPO for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Tuesday 31st December 2019 at 16:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.