|Nom de l’employeur : AFRICAN WILDLIFE FOUNDATION|
Vacancy: Information Technology Administrator
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a leader in African conservation and subtainable developement. AWF is seeking a dynamic and high performing individual to fill the position of Informtaion Technology Administrator. This position will perform a variety of moderately complex Information Technology (IT) Systems Administration duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services to AWF Staff. The position will manage the IT helpdesk and provide desktop support; monitor and tune IT network infrastructure to ensure optimal availability, and assist in the deployment of new technologies. In addition, the incumbent will undertake technology research and user training. This position will based in Yaounde, Cameroon and will report to the Manager Information Technology.
- Provision new hardware and peripherals in accordance with IT standards. Configure basic network devices like Wi-Fi Access Points, VoIP extensions, and Video conference equipment.
- Assist with user management through Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365.
- Manage and Monitor Internet service and provide troubleshooting and support to all users’ connections to the LAN and WAN. Perform daily system monitoring for the LAN and WAN, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and systems.
- Configure and upgrade user software that supports Microsoft Office 365, Box, accounting, Timesheet, and other in-house software for operational needs.
- Operate the central IT helpdesk and provide technical support for end-users, computers, printers, mobile devices, and video conferencing.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal customers.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Update IT Assets inventory and coordinate preventive maintenance.
- Assist in the management of systems backup, testing, and restoration.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of IT systems and networks.
- Assist in updating and maintaining IT installations and configuration procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary. Perform end-user training on new technologies.
Required Qualitifications, Knowledge & skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science and at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a busy environment, preferably with international NGO.
- Knowledge of the current Microsoft products including; Windows 2012/2016 server, windows 10, Office 365, Cloud-based Solutions, MS Dynamics-Nav.
- MCSE or MCITP certification is required.
- CCNA, Structured cabling installer; and Database administration using Microsoft SQL 2014/16 is desired.
- Good knowledge of Software-as-a-Service solutions (SaaS).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; good team skills and able to work without supervision.
- Responsiveness to user needs.
- Ability to configure first level network security for Sophos firewalls.
- Ability to support Video conference facility and VOIP solutions.
- Travel will be needed to support field offices.
- Fluent in French and English languages.
CLOSING DATE: October 15th, 2019
Candidates who had applied the first time do not need to apply again.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: October 15th, 2019
- Qualification Knowledge of the current Microsoft products including; Windows 2012/2016 server, windows 10, Office 365, Cloud-based Solutions, MS Dynamics-Nav.
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Moyen
- Niveau d'étude A Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Computer Science and at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a busy environment, preferably with international NGO.