|Nom de l’employeur : Plan Cameroon|
OFFRE D’EMPLOI: Finance Assistant
Location: Maroua, EN, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Reports to: Finance Specialist
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children and teenagers as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing their income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is committed to responding to children and teenagers affected by emergencies in the countries of our operation.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the Far-North Region of Cameroon Plan is engaged in providing life-saving humanitarian assistance, protection, education and psychosocial support. Its operations are implemented in key sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH, NFIs, Livelihood and Food Assistance and in coordination with all other humanitarian institutions.
In this order, Plan International will implement from August 2019 in Logon and Chari and Mayo Sava Divisions a project in the sectors of Education and peaceful coexistence. Under the context if this project and globally in the context of Plan’s intervention in the region, the staff to be recruited will be responsible for financial operations support function. S/he ensures conformity with Plan International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established by the Donors in agreement with Plan for the implementation of projects.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- No direct and indirect reports
- Accurate and systematic filling of documents
- Business planning processes
- Accounting and treasury.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Capacity building
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
The Finance Assistant will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Participates in the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets.
- Processes Payment Vouchers and Journal Vouchers through SAP on time and in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Monitors project budget entries in program management software on SAP and keeps records of budget modifications on file.
- Encodes accrual accounting entries in accordance with the accrual accounting plan of action.
- Records all documents in and out of Finance Department to the appropriate ledger for traceability.
- Attends to Coordination meetings/seminars on Project grants and relevant information and active participation is given/made.
- Facilitates all payments in office and on the field during various activities (training, workshops, etc).
- Analyses and reconciles project expenditures Vs budget accurately and on time.
- Files all Disbursement Vouchers/Journal Vouchers systematically no later than the following month, with all supporting documents attached and duly stamped with PAID with the donor label, date and check number indicated.
- Scan and submit complete accounting documents to the donor on a regular basis
- Prepare and submit donor financial reports on time as per the agreement with donors/s, in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Finance Specialist.
- Monitor the project commitments on a regular basis.
- Follow up on Audit recommendations to ensure that they are fully implemented.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Ensure that Plan’s Child Protection Policy and related procedures are adhered to in all aspects of work.
- Perform others tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that Plan’s gender policy is properly implemented especially through the day to day work.
Dealing with Problems:
- The holder of the position has no authorization and will liaise with PU’s finance and Administrative department for all related finance and administrative procedures under the leadership of the Finance Coordinator. His pro-activeness will be key in planning and implementation of activities in the field.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- The Account Assistant should maintain a good collaboration and communication with technical and financial partners at both in and external levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role or in grants management
- Fair knowledge of project management
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting and grant funds management regulations and procedures;
- Good experience and knowledge on internal financial controls and procedures.
- Good experience in project reporting requirements and knowledge of Plan’s financial systems and procedures.
Physical Environment and Demands: Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
Type of Role: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Specialist
Closing Date: 22/07/2019
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
- Qualification Physical Environment and Demands: Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
- Années d'expérience 2 - 5 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant
- Niveau d'étude University degree in Accounting/Finance/Management