EVIHDAF (Evidence for Sustainable Human Development Systems in Africa) is an international research and evaluation organization headquartered in Yaoundé, Cameroon, which serves the West and Central Africa region. Its priority countries include Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo DR, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal. It provides services in Research, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning; Data, Analytics & Information Systems; and Social & Behavior Change Strategies. Its practice areas include Health and Health Systems, Nutrition and Food Security, and Agriculture and Livelihoods (www.evihdaf.com).
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate to fill the position of Data & Analytics Officer. S/he will have wide‑ranging responsibilities, providing support to existing projects, growing our capabilities in survey research, data analytics, and health information systems, contributing to our efforts to attract new projects, and contributing to reports and publications. The position requires flexibility, strong organizational skills, willingness to work under pressure, and motivation to invest in the growth and development of EVIHDAF. It is based in our office in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Master II in Demography, Statistics or related field;
- Experience in some or most of the following areas: family planning and reproductive health; maternal, newborn and child health; malaria and infectious diseases; nutrition and food security; routine health information systems;
- Fluency in English and at least basic communications skills in French; OR fluency in French and at least basic communications skills in English;
- Proven experience in research design, sample size calculations, data collection, data analysis, and report writing;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, STATA and other statistical software packages;
- Interest and economic evaluation (cost-effectiveness analysis, cost-efficiency analysis …);
- Sense of initiative and ability to work in autonomy;
- Familiarity with MS ACCESS and with electronic data collection platforms (e.g., using CSPro and CSEntry), will be an added value;
- Experience in conference presentation and/or in proposal writing, will be an added value.
EVIHDAF offers a conducive environment for research, and a modest health insurance scheme.
- A two-page cover letter, showing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, and including his/her current and/or expected salary range, in CFA Francs;
- A CV of no more than four (4) pages, ending with the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three referees.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application in English or French with the subject line ‘’Data & Analytics Officer”. The application consists of:
- Années d'expérience Non défini
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant
- Niveau d'étude Master II in Demography, Statistics or related field;