|Nom de l’employeur : ORGANISATION MONDIALE DE LA SANTE|
JOB ADVERT: Clinical Psychologists – (1905160)
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract duration: 9 Months
Closing Date: Nov 30, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Cameroon
Organization: AF_CMR Cameroon
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Since 2016, the regions of North-West and South-West of Cameroon have experienced a social instability studded with violence with a negative impact on the socio-economic fabric. The socio-political crisis has gradually turned into insecurity and armed violence since November 2017. This has led to a major humanitarian crisis marked by many internally displaced people who lack everything. The many evaluations carried out have revealed that among the most urgent needs of this vulnerable population is primary health care, including the management of health emergencies. The outbreak of Monkey Pox lived in the Northwest and Southwest and the reporting of a suspected case of cholera in the Southwest is revealed the high risk of epidemic that the Southwest regions face. As part of the response to the humanitarian emergency in these two regions, a humanitarian emergency response plan was developed and disseminated by the United Nations, which resulted in the mobilization of part of the funding through CERF. Thus, as part of the implementation of interventions in the North-West and South-West Regions under CERF funding, WHO will provide a health emergency response for internally displaced populations in these two regions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Placed under the general supervision of the WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the National Emergency Adviser of the WHO Country Office, the clinical psychologists placed in the NW & SW Regions will carry out the following tasks :
1. Diagnostic function.
- Perform clinical assessments, prior to decisions concerning rehabilitation and therapeutic care. It is a question of evaluating the cognitive and instrumental potentialities, the possible psycho-emotional or personality problems, the way in which the patient seems integrated in the social and family structures, the way in which he feels his life within the family and in the professional setting. With children, mediators are usually used, such as drawings and toys.- Procéder au diagnostic psychologique (recueillir et analyser le motif de la demande ainsi que toute l´information pertinente du patient, évaluer tant les facteurs de risque que de protection dont jouit ce dernier, ses ressources pour faire face au problème. Pour cela, il devrait se servir de techniques d´évaluation psychologique telles que l´entrevue, l´observation, les questionnaires adéquats, etc ;
- Establish a psychological diagnosis, based on the valid criteria and recognized by the scientific community.
2. Therapeutic function
- Psychological support (punctual help or long-term psychotherapy, interviews to help the patient overcome a temporary problem). In addition to the individual care, the psychologist can do group psychotherapy, role-playing, talk groups… ;
- Propose and promote healthy habits (take care of oneself and adopt a healthy lifestyle); improve the communication with his direct and indirect entourage, without forgetting to propose reliable ways to solve problems in the patient.
3. Institutional function
- This intervention should also take into account the importance of preventing and promoting mental health ;
- Participate in team meetings and the development of individualized projects and shed light on the psychological problem of the patients in his charge ;
- Participate in meetings of the medical, paramedical and psychological team (if any), meetings usually aimed at taking stock of the care.
Education: Have a master’s degree in clinical psychology
- Essential: Have a minimum experience of 01 year in the field.
- Desirable: Experience with WHO or another UN Agency is an asset.
Use of language skills
- Essential: Perfect knowledge of English and a working knowledge of French is required
- Desirable: Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- Qualification Essential: Perfect knowledge of English and a working knowledge of French is required
- Années d'expérience 1 - 2 ans
- Niveau d'expérience Débutant
- Niveau d'étude Education: Have a master's degree in clinical psychology