The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
- 30th April 2019
- 30th November 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About the Award: The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Field of Study: All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programme (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. But only some programmes offer a fee reduction.
The following programmes offer a fee reducation:
MAS Nutrition and Health, D-HEST
Nutrition for Disease Prevention and Health (CAS ETH in Nutrition), D-HEST
Type: Short course
- Candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university
- Proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- Minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.Candidate must come from a country classified as Low Income or Lower Middle Income Country according to the DAC-list of the OECD.The candidate must have been admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications. Applications for the E4D scholarship scheme and the continuing education programme can be submitted in parallel.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (2’000 CHF per month if the programme is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the programme duration is up to 3 weeks)
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
The registration fee for applications of 150 CHF cannot be covered, but will be reimbursed to candidates from low income countries in case an application is unsuccessful.
Duration of Programme: Not known
How to Apply:
- Motivation letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
- Curriculum Vitae
- University Diploma and transcripts
- Two professional references
- Certificate of employment
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates that are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship. The application procedure for the continuing education programme is outlined here. Applications for the E4D scholarship scheme and the chosen continuing education programme should be submitted in parallel.